Perfect Pizza Dough
Ingredients (makes 4 x 9" or 3 x 12" pizzas):
500g Strong white bread flour
1 Easy bake yeast sachet (7g)
1 tbsp caster sugar
300ml luke-warm water
1 tbsp oil
pinch of salt
toppings of choice
1. Mix the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a big bowl. Mix the water and oil together, then stir in with a cutlery knife. If the water is hot it will kill the yeast!
2. Tip onto a lightly flour dusted surface and knead for 10 minutes (or use the dough hook attachment on your mixer).
3. Lightly grease the mixing bowl with some oil. Put the dough back in, cover the bowl with a clean tea towel and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size (about 1 ½ hours). Preheat your oven to 240°C (fan 220°C, gas mark 9).
4. Divide the dough into 3 or 4 pieces – keep others under the tea towel to stop them drying out. Roll a piece of dough to as thin as you can get it on a lightly floured surface. Lift carefully onto a lightly greased baking sheet and smother with sauce. Add your favourite toppings on a layer of grated cheese. Kids can have a go at making funny pizza faces!
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until crisp and golden on top.