300 ml smooth orange juice
1x 135g packet orange jelly, cubed
350g full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
25g caster sugar
150ml whipped cream
1 x 298g can mandarin segments
For the base:
100g digestive biscuits
50g ginger biscuits
50g butter, melted
1. Heat the orange juice in the microwave until hot but not bubbling.
2. Pour the orange juice over the jelly cubes and stir until dissolved.
3. Place jelly in the freezer until it thickens and is starting to set. Keep a close eye on it as you do not want it to set!!
4. Crush the biscuits for the base by placing the biscuits in a freezer bag, sealing it and bashing with a rolling pin until fine.
5. Pour biscuit crumb into a bowl, mix in the melted butter and press into the base of a 20cm loose-bottomed tin.
6. Place it in the fridge to chill.
7. Whisk the cream cheese and sugar together, add the almost-set jelly and fold in the whipped cream.
8. Pour the topping onto the base and leave to set for 4 hours in the fridge.
9. Before serving, remove the cheesecake from the tin and place on serving plate. Decorate with drained mandarins.