Orange and cranberry scones
Updated: Mar 26
200g self-raising flour
1 level teaspoon baking powder
50g butter, cubed
zest of 1 orange
75g dried cranberries
juice of 1/2 orange
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Mix the baking powder into the flour then rub in the butter until it looks like fine breadcrumbs.
3. Stir in the orange zest and dried cranberries.
4. Mix the juice of 1/2 an orange with enough milk to make up 140ml. Pour this into the flour mixture and mix with a knife. It should be a sticky dough consistency.
5. Flour the table and turn out the dough. Fold the dough over a couple of times then pat out until 3 cm in depth.
6. Use a cutter to cut out approximately 8 scone rounds. Place these on a floured baking sheet.
7. Brush the top of the scones with a little milk then place at the top of the oven for 15 mins. 8. Remove from oven with oven gloves and allow to cook on a wire rack. Delicious still warm with butter 😋