Easy Peasy Chicken Goujons
Updated: Jun 14
If you don't have bread you can use crushed cornflakes instead!
500g chicken breast mini fillets or chicken pieces
3 slices of bread – any type
150g plain flour
Seasoning - salt, pepper, herbs, spices to taste
1. Preheat oven to 190o degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Make breadcrumbs from the slices of bread using an electric hand blender or food processor. Place into a bowl and add seasoning.
3. Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat well.
4. Pour the flour onto a large flat plate.
5. Use one hand to coat the chicken fillet in flour.
6. Using the other hand, dip the chicken into the egg and coat well.
7. Lift the egg-covered chicken out of the egg and place into the breadcrumbs. Cover completely in breadcrumb then lay on the greased baking try.
8. Repeat until all the chicken is coated and bake in the oven for 25 mins. Turn the chicken over half-way during cooking.
9. Serve these up with a salad or oven chips and ketchup, mayo or sweet chilli sauce