Carrot & Coriander Soup
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 potato, chopped
450g carrots, peeled and chopped
1.2 litres vegetable or chicken stock
Handful coriander (1/2 a supermarket packet)
1. Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large pan, add 1 chopped onion, then fry for 5 mins until softened.
2. Stir in 1 tsp ground coriander and 1 chopped potato, then cook for 1 min.
3. Add the 450g peeled and chopped carrots and 1.2l vegetable or chicken stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat.
4. Cover and cook for 20 mins until the carrots are tender.
5. Add a handful of fresh coriander and use a hand blender to blitz the soup until smooth. Alternatively, let the soup cool slightly and tip into a food processor (you may need to do this in two batches). Be very careful pouring the hot soup! Return to pan, taste, add salt if necessary, then reheat to serve.