Blueberry & White Chocolate Scones
Updated: Jun 19
200g self-raising flour
1 level teaspoon baking powder
50g cold butter, cubed
25g caster sugar
2 tablespoons frozen blueberries*
50g white chocolate chunks
1 large egg
flour for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Mix the baking powder into the flour then rub in the butter with fingertips until it looks like fine breadcrumbs.
3. Make a little well in the centre of the dry ingredients and stir in the blueberries and white chocolate with a metal spoon..
4. Crack the egg into a jug with the milk. Pour some of this into the flour mixture and mix with a knife. It should be a sticky dough consistency. Reserve the rest for later.
5. Flour the table and turn out the dough. Fold the dough over a couple of times then pat out until 3 cm in depth. Do not knead.
6. Use a cutter to cut out approximately 8 scone rounds. Place these on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper or a floured baking sheet.
7. Brush the top of the scones with the leftover milk and egg milkture then place at the top of the oven for 15 mins.
8. Remove from oven with oven gloves and allow to cook on a wire rack. ENJOY!!
*blueberries and white chocolate can be replaced with raspberries or 1 cubed apple/0.5 tsp cinnamon or 25g raisins/sultanas
1/2 a tablespoon of lemon juice can be added to the milk and left to sit for 15 minutes to thicken. This be used to replace the milk as buttermilk.