Updated: Apr 3, 2020
A great recipe to use up those bananas that are going a bit brown...
75g soft brown sugar or caster sugar
100g self-raising flour
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease and line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper or a loaf tin liner.
2. Cream butter and sugar together with a wooden spoon.
3. Crack the egg into the bowl and mix well.
4. Mash 2 bananas on a plate with a fork, until really well mashed and stir into the mixture.
5. Sieve the flour into the mixture and stir until mixed in.
6. Spoon the mixture into the lined loaf tin and bake in the preheated oven for 30 – 35 minutes, checking after 30 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack whilst still in the tin. Remove from the tin when cooled.
8. Sooo good while still warm!